Friday, April 22, 2016

Why Me?


Self-doubt can creep up on us anywhere, at any time. On Tuesday I posted the story of how my job situation changed in a matter of hours and all that it entailed. But one thing that stayed on my mind was, why me?

I was hired on the spot for a position that I’d just received my certification for a week prior, and at the time I only had about 3 months of experience. So again I asked myself, why me? Why would they want someone who has such little experience?





I of course did not question them. As I found this to be a great way to start my teaching career.

However, my self-confidence or lack thereof was showing, at least to me it was. Why was I questioning God’s plan? Maybe He wanted me to have a quick transition. Maybe there is a reason as to why I needed to be in this new position, with this company, right away. Maybe there is a reason as to why I needed to be out of my old job by a certain time. I don’t know the answers. But I know I have to stop wondering why and confidently move on.

I can’t be swayed by the fact that the other teachers may be more experienced than me. I can’t be nervous about my skills or knowledge. I just have to do my part and prepare as best as possible for my job. As my mom loves to tell me, “Preparation meets opportunity.”   

And that is now my motto. I was prepared, I was (and am still) the right candidate, and I do the job well.


The bottom line: I have to stop questioning when good things happen to and for me. I have to get out of the mindset that just because things take a while to manifest in my life, it doesn’t mean I don’t deserve them.  



4 comments :

  1. Amen. We tend to wait for the ball to drop when I blessing come. Almost as if we can't believe God loves us so much that there's nothing attached. I keep praying for you that you will excel in your new position and that you get to enjoy every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Iris. I truly appreciate your prayers.

      Delete
  2. Man oh man. Sometimes it's easy to convince others that they deserve the good things, and not so easy to convince ourselves. But you do. You deserve alllllllllll of the good things. :)

    ReplyDelete