Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Sometimes I Wish...


Sometimes I wish I didn’t have this drive in me.

Sometimes I wish I could just relax without reviewing my to-do list in my mind.

Sometimes I wish I could be content with working a regular 9-5 job.

Sometimes I wish I could be a party girl.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t care about living up to my full potential.

Sometimes I wish I wasn’t responsible.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t care.




Sometimes I wish I didn’t have a passion for certain things.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t want more out of life.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t have to get up early in order to get more stuff done.

Sometimes I wish I was okay with mediocrity.

Sometimes I wish I could go to sleep without my mind being full of ideas.

Sometimes I wish I could push everything to the side and sleep all day long.

Sometimes I wish I could start all over.

Sometimes I want to throw in the towel, wave a white flag, or just hide under my blanket. Giving it all up and living a life that simply involves me being content and stagnant sometimes sounds like a good idea.

But then I get my mind right and remember that is not who I was created to be. And the price I pay for having ambition is a pretty heavy one.


But it’s definitely worth it.





No comments :

Post a Comment