Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I Don't Hate Mondays




It never fails… every Monday my Instagram is filled with posts/quotes about how much Mondays suck! When I saw these posts last Monday, I was reminded of when I use to feel the same exact way.

When I worked a traditional 9-5, in an office setting, I hated anything that had to do with Monday. I hated the weekly department meetings, the boring conference calls, and the supervisorial paperwork I had to fill out. When Fridays came around I was happy and relieved for the two days off. But those happy feelings would come to a halt at the same precise time every Sunday night.

7:00PM is when I would always start to feel sick; physically and mentally sick because that’s when I would realize Monday was right around the corner. And it didn’t matter where I was or what I was doing, once 7:00PM hit, my body had the same reaction: my head would pound, I would cry uncontrollably, and I got an attitude with whomever was around me.


The worst of this would be after I spent the weekend away or at my parent’s house. On Sunday night, while driving back to my apartment, that “Monday is coming” feeling always hit me when I passed a certain exit on the freeway. I would lose it and start crying every time. 

This particular freeway exit became such a fixture in my life that Last year when I was visiting Cali, I took a trip to visit some friends and drove on that same freeway. When I drove passed that exit all those old feelings came back. I had to stop and remind myself that I no longer have that job and don’t even live in this state anymore.





Read More: Here



No comments :

Post a Comment