Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Dream Confirmed It


The other night I had a dream that I was in a house where a woman was running around stabbing people. In each room that I ran into there was someone on the floor who had just been stabbed and was struggling to stay alive. I remember being so scared in the dream. I didn’t know why this lady was stabbing people, if she knew I was in the house or not, or if I was even a target of hers.

What was even crazier was that I could not speak. I would open my mouth but nothing would come out. I remember thinking, “I need to shout: I plead the blood of Jesus.” Because I knew that would make everything okay. But when I realized nothing was coming out of my mouth I became frantic. I eventually ran to a room where there wasn’t a stabbed body, I kneeled down on the floor and rested my head on the bed.

I was crying uncontrollably and in my mind I was speaking in tongues. I did this without even thinking. I was crying so much that I ended up laying in the bed and falling asleep. I then awoke to a sharp knife coming towards me. But when the knife got close, it would stop and pull away. This happened three times and then the woman trying to stab me ran away.

I sat up in the bed and cried some more, thinking why am I here? Why is this happening to me? Then two men came into the room with knives and I froze. They saw me, I saw them. I knew they were going to get me. One of the men swung his arm to stab me, but once again when the knife got close to me it would stop. With his thick Jamaican accent one man told the other, “Me can’t reach her. Something is in the way.”





In that moment I realized there was some kind of protective box around me and I no longer felt scared. The other guy gave it a try and he too could not reach me. Mind you, they were sitting right in front of me.

When I woke up from the dream it was instantly revealed to me that this dream was a confirmation of God’s protection. Every morning when I wake up and/or before leaving home, I pray for a hedge of protection around me. As explained in various chapters in the Bible, the hedge of protection is similar to a fence you place around something you want to protect.

“…Although stone walls could keep predators away from living areas and livestock, the walls would have to be very tall and would take a long time to make. Wood was not plentiful enough to waste on a fence. Instead, a hedge of thorn bushes could be induced to grow around a living compound. Thorn bushes would be too dense to crawl through, too sharp to chew through, and too deep for all but the most determined leopard to jump over. A hedge would also be a deterrent to sheep and goats seeking to escape their pen. As Satan is compared to a ‘lion looking for someone to devour’ (1 Peter 5:8), a thorn hedge is an appropriate metaphor for the protection God gives His followers.

Is it wrong to ask God for a hedge of protection around yourself or someone else? Absolutely not. In addition to putting on the armor God gives us (Ephesians 6:13-17), there is nothing wrong with asking for God’s protection. As seen with Job, a hedge is an apt illustration for what God’s protection looks like.” – Read more: Here

Looking back on this dream, I’m thankful for confirmation that my morning prayer works. I look at this dream as God’s way of telling me, “You pray every morning for protection, and I am providing it.”

This dream showed me that, yes scary things are going to happen. But I don’t need to be nervous or scared because God is protecting me, just as I continually ask Him to.




No comments :

Post a Comment