Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dear Friends & Family: I No Longer Expect Your Applause


Up until a month ago, I was that person who secretly was always seeking applause from my peers and family. I would see friends share their latest accomplishments and watch the great feedback they would receive… and I wanted it too. However, I wasn’t sharing any of my accomplishments because nothing I’ve been working on has been accomplished, yet. But what I was actually seeking was recognition for the work I was putting in.

And not receiving recognition for the hours spent on certain projects, that may in fact take years to finish, was really starting to take a toll on me. I started to feel like I was creating stuff for no reason (as if anything I do should ever be based on the opinions of others…), all because people weren’t clapping for the progress I was making. 

Read More: Here

No comments :

Post a Comment