Monday, August 31, 2015

Releasing Your fears

releasefears

What is fear? While the dictionary defines it as: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc. I define it as the one thing that continually tries to keep me in a box. In other words, I look at fear as me being comfortable. Whenever I have made the choice to step out of my comfort zone (my box) and try something new, fear has tried and sometimes succeeded at crippling me.
When I was fourteen I was told I had a spirit of fear on me. At the time I had no idea what that meant. “Fear… I’m not scared of nothing,” I told myself. Because I thought the fear that was being referred to was the kind described in the dictionary, I felt invincible. Back then I had no real concept of what living with a purpose meant or what following my dreams entailed; life was easy and carefree.
Once I graduated from college my eyes started to open regarding different types of fear. When I had to join the real world I ended up working at a job that was unfulfilling; and that’s when fear started to manifest itself in me.
Read More: Here

No comments :

Post a Comment