Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Journal


I once heard someone say, "Writing in a journal is like having a relationship with your mind."

With almost everything I do involving typing, it's a nice feeling to pick up a pen and write on paper. Who knew that something so simple would bring about such relaxation, relief, and comfort?

My journal is the only "person" who really knows me. It's the one person who knows my inner most thoughts and won't share them with anyone. Even though I never get a response, my journal is basically my therapist.

I can share any and everything and never be judged or talked about. And with all my thoughts located in one place, I am always able to review and re-read my past feelings and see how I have changed and grown from those experiences.







The journal pictured above was given to me a while ago as a Christmas gift from a friend. She wrote the most empowering note to me in the front of it and because of that, I never wanted to write in it. I kind of wanted to keep it just as it was, with her note and the empty pages staying put.

But as life went on, that journal became a place to write about all the negative situations I'd experienced. And after two years of writing in it, last year I realized I needed my journal to be a positive place. So I started to only write positive thoughts and situations in it. The point of this is to be encouraged when I reread it, instead of saddened by my past.

In a world that is filled with so much negativity, it's a great feeling to be able to write about positivity.

One day I'll take all the journal entries and do something special with them... But until then my thoughts will just stay hidden in the pages.



3 comments :

  1. I've kept a journal via Word document for years and years now. I like the idea of writing things out too, though. My journal is also that one place I can say absolutely anything, and truly be able to document and reflect on my growth. It's great to go back and see how I felt during a certain period or to recall the good memories... I'm sure I'd forget a lot of the details if I never wrote them down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, writing out my thoughts def keeps me sane :)
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way. I have a few journals. At one point in time, I almost forgot what it felt like to write with just a pen and paper - crazy right? Nowadays, I keep a journal by my side.

    Neosha - www.itsratedngee.com

    ReplyDelete