Tuesday, February 24, 2015

When Does Inspiration Hit You?


"A good idea will keep you awake during the morning,
but a great idea will keep you awake during the night."

Inspiration hits me at the most random times (as I'm sure it does for everyone else). But it mostly hits me at night. Like when I'm ready to go to sleep. For some reason my mind will wonder and wonder and different writing topics, projects, ventures, and a BUNCH of other ideas will fill my head. And because I know I will not remember everything when I get up in the morning, I either have to type a quick note in my phone or get up, turn on the light, sit at my desk and thoroughly write out everything I just thought about.



At times this can be very annoying, especially when I'm really tired. But the next day when I re-read what I wrote, I am always thankful I took the time to write down my thoughts before going to sleep.  


Thinking back on some of my greatest ideas and writing topics, I realized many of them have actually come to me at night. And I attribute my night time inspiration to the fact that I am most calm right before I fall asleep. Because I am in such a rush throughout the day, I rarely have time to sit and clear my mind. But at night when everything is done and complete for the day, my mind has time to rest. And this is when ideas start to flow. 

Inspiration: something that makes someone want to do something or that gives someone an idea about what to do or create; a force or influence that inspires someone.



Inspiration can be found in anything, it's all around us. Because inspiration opens doors and presents opportunities (that you may have never thought about or considered before), it can be the difference in the direction your life takes. Regardless of when it hits you, always allowing yourself to be open to it is key.




2 comments :

  1. I'm the same way, Tamika! At night when I'm in bed and the house is quiet because everyone is asleep, I can think clearly without interruption. The only time inspiration strikes during the day is when I'm looking at someone else's blog and an idea comes to me. Other than that, my blogging inspiration definitely happens at night when I'm winding down.

    Drea | thedreadaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Drea! It's so funny how that happens. I actually look forward to it now:)

      Delete