Thursday, October 16, 2014

Live Life to the Fullest



If I had to share one tip, it would be for everyone to live life to the fullest; everyday- no matter what it takes. This is so important to me because I don't ever want to look back on life and regret not taking a chance or not doing something new.

The idea of living my life to the fullest came to mind recently when I wrote a letter to my 10-year-old self. In doing so I thought about how carefree children really are. Their minds can’t even start to comprehend the things adults stress over and worry about. 

The main piece of advice I offered my young self in the letter was to enjoy my carefree days. Enjoy every bit of depending on my parents and only having to worry about what I was wearing to school the next day; because these days wouldn't last forever.




After writing this letter I started to think about the grip that fear had (and still occasionally has) on my life. For a couple of years I had this fear that I would make a wrong decision and my whole life would completely fall apart. Or I would make a choice that would significantly change/alter the path that I am supposed to be walking.

During this time of my life I would second guess every decision I had to make and stress about the possible outcomes. Yes, weighing pros and cons are important. But for me, I was obsessive about it and all it led to was anxiety.

Realizing that fear had a strong hold on me, I knew I had to make a change. I had to make the choice to step out in Faith. I have always prayed for God to guide and order my steps. And because I pray and believe He always will, I had to start trusting that the steps and decisions I was making were right; because He is guiding me.

This hasn't been easy... sometimes I still over think things. But then I stop myself and remind myself to have Faith, take a chance, and trust God.

And this is where living life to the fullest comes into play. I know this is something we all take for granted, as we sometimes think "I have my whole life ahead of me, and plenty of time." But the truth is, we don't know when it will all come to an end.

Being so scared to make a move can be the difference between living up to your full potential and living comfortably in a box.





No comments :

Post a Comment