Thursday, October 2, 2014

"Hair"- Elizabeth Acevedo

I am a fan of anyone who can use their creativity to express themselves, and use it to speak/educate people about their culture and who they are. Not only is it inspiring, but it's also motivating. And that is exactly what Elizabeth Acevedo's poetry does for me. 




Today's post is not the first time I have featured Elizabeth's poetry on here (Love Me How I Love & Afro-Latina), I'm a fan!

Last summer I had the pleasure of seeing Elizabeth perform "Hair." I loved how she used her words to bring this ongoing issue to life. And with many women choosing to transition to natural hair, I'm sure many can relate to this poem. 






Even though I've already posted this, here it is again. 






Get to know her work, she's dope!




No comments :

Post a Comment