Thursday, September 18, 2014

Starting Over At 30


When I started college I couldn’t figure out what to declare as my major. I just knew I wanted it to lead to a fun career. I didn’t want to get stuck in a job that I hated.

After taking a required public relations class I found myself interested in the field and decided to pursue it. I spent the summer after graduation applying for many PR positions only to end up not finding anything. After a three month long job hunt, I got a position at an advertising agency. Although I had no interest in the position, I accepted it for the money.

After two years on the job I was not happy and started looking for something new. No longer interested in PR, I didn’t know what to apply for.

Day after day I went to work feeling trapped and unstimulated. Feeling like I had no other options; the dislike for my job was on my mind so much that I stressed myself out and ended up in the hospital for three days. This was literally the darkest period of my life.

Read more: Here

No comments :

Post a Comment