Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Blessings Jar


What is a blessings jar? Well it's a simple, yet great idea that I came across on Karen Civil.com. It's basically the opposite of a swear jar. With the blessings jar you write down all the great things that happen to you throughout the year.

Then at the end of the year you read through everything in the jar. This is a good way to remind yourself of all the blessings you received during the year.





The jar can be as simple as you want. Or you can decorate it as much as possible.


Since I don't have an empty jar laying around, I will be making a blessings envelop. I'll hang it on the wall next to my desk. It will probably look something like the one below, but a lot bigger (As I anticipate a lot of great things for myself this year).


In an effort to focus on the good things in my life, as oppose to the negative, I probably will read through my blessings envelop every few months. I will do this to make sure I stay favor minded and motivated. As this will be a physical reminder that God is constantly blessing me.

Hopefully you will take the time to make a blessings jar or blessings envelop too!



2 comments :

  1. I have a blessings jar!! It's really helped me to see all the good things that happen in my life and any time I take on any kind of 'woe is me' attitude, all I have to do is look at how full the jar is already! I can't wait to re-read the stuff when I open it on NYE!

    ♥ Chymere A.
    ShesSoEclectic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first year doing it. I too can't wait to read everything at the end of the year!

      Delete