Wednesday, January 22, 2014

I’m Scared to Have Children


*Even though my opinion on having children has slightly changed since this was published, 
I still worry about these things*

“And now we turn to breaking news…” I always cringe when I hear the evening news reporter say that phrase. I never know what kind of catastrophe they are going to report. The news is a constant reminder of the scary and troubled world we live in. After watching endless coverage of the Sandy Hook school shooting and the Boston Marathon bombing, I can honestly say I am scared to have children.
I didn’t always feel this way though. When I was a teenager I would picture myself married with five boys, no girls. But throughout my twenties that picture slowly started to change. Now at age 30, and given all the major tragedies that have taken place within the last couple of years; I have completely changed my mind. Raising a child is a hard enough task. But when you add in all the bad things of this world, the joy of having a child can quickly turn into a fearful situation.
Read More: Here

No comments :

Post a Comment