Monday, January 13, 2014

How I Keep Stress From Ruling My Body


As I sat at my desk that Tuesday morning I felt an unfamiliar tightness in my chest. It felt like someone’s palm was being pressed down on the area around my heart. As the intense pressure continued my only reaction was to place my hand over my heart; as if that would ease the pain. But it didn’t.
That afternoon, I told my boss how I was feeling. “Tamika, that’s stress and I think you should go home” he said.
I thought he was crazy for suggesting it was stress, but since the pain was so strong I decided to go to the Emergency Room. During my examination I described the pain and its location. In that instant everything changed. I was taken to a room and a few doctors came in and ordered nurses to conduct several tests on me. I asked one of the nurses what was going on, “We want to make sure you didn’t have a heart attack” she said.
“A heart attack, I’m only 27 years old.” I nervously said.
Read the rest: Here

No comments :

Post a Comment