Thursday, April 18, 2013

It Doesn't Hurt


I always get a kick out of the way people react when I say "Thank You." Especially when I finish a transaction at the store and the associate says "Have a nice day" (as they are required to) and I follow up with "Thank you, you too." I'm usually met with a look of shock. As in they either don't get that response very often or they weren't expecting it from me.




Am I the only person who thinks a simple "Thank You" goes a long way?

It's not that hard to say, but for some people apparently it is. And I don't understand why.
I mean it seems very simple to me. When someone goes out of their way to do something for you (or even if they don't go out of their way) I think a "Thank You" is always in order.

I always get so bothered when people don't say it. It's not that I am looking for praise or for a special thank you card or for someone to give me a medal for what I have done for them. But to me it's more so an acknowledgement that says "Yes I see it was taken care of." Or in some cases it can be a sincere "I really appreciate what you did." Whatever your intent is when saying it, just say it. 

Thank You: It doesn't cost anything to say it and it won't kill you.




No comments :

Post a Comment