Friday, March 8, 2013

Different Beliefs, Different Pages



"How should I relate to my unbelieving spouse? I understand now why the Bible urges us not to be 'unequally yoked.'  We’re not on the same page spiritually, and it’s becoming increasingly difficult to reconcile our differences in this area.  What would you recommend?"

I came across an article online and the above question was asked. 
 Marriage is hard enough because it's two separate worlds coming together trying to become one. 
But when you mix in different religious belief, things become more intense. 

I always find it interesting when I meet people that are in a relationship, but are totally off on their beliefs. In my opinion your beliefs (whatever they may be) are important to you for a reason.
For many people their beliefs are their foundation.  


So why wouldn't you want to be with someone who believes what you do? 
How can you be on one accord if you're spiritually on different pages?

And as if it's not complicated enough for the two people in the relationship, 
some folks bring children into the situation. So then you have to figure out
 who's religious beliefs to teach the child. 
Then it's an issue of what holidays to celebrate. And then you have to decide 
when, where, and WHO/WHAT to worship. 

This can also be applied to other issues in relationships too. Of course you and your mate are not
going to see eye to eye on everything, but I think it's a good idea that you at least
be on the same page when it comes to the things that are significantly important to you. 




No comments :

Post a Comment