Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My Road To Brooklyn ~ Part III



I didn’t want to quit my job in May because I had planned to quit in July. I was trying to stick to my plan but things at my job were getting out of control. I spoke to my Pastor about how I was feeling and she made it clear to me that if I couldn’t handle being there, I needed to step out in faith and trust that the Lord would guide and protect me. I rustled with that for a few days thinking maybe things at work would get better, but they didn’t and one day I got a strong impression that it was time for me to leave.



I let go of my plan and my last day at that job ended up being June 15, 2012. On my last day the owner of the company put up a banner for me and had all the employees come to the middle of the office as he and my boss gave a speech about how thankful they were for my dedication throughout the years. Just as the Lord showed my Mother years prior, the owner applauded me. It felt good to close this chapter of my life.




I then moved out of my apartment and went to live with my parents while I focused on my August move to NYC. As August started to approach my faith started to waver because I hadn’t found anywhere to live in NYC. But I knew the Lord could change things around in a matter of minutes so I tried to stay focused. But when September came around and I was still in California my faith was GONE. 

I thought I was going to have to stay living with my parents forever. See the thing is, I really felt that God told me August was my time to move. And when it didn’t happen, I started to feel like I missed it. I remember telling my mom I was going to start looking for a local job and an apartment because I felt like it wasn’t going to happen for me. I also started feeling like I lost the desire to move to NYC. My Mom told me to hold on and at least give it one more month to see what might happen.

So I did, mostly because I didn’t have any other options. Then two weeks before October I found a listing on Craigslist advertising room rentals for people that were moving to NYC. I thought, “Great, I can rent a room while I look for a job.” So I made plans to leave and my mother and I purchased our plane tickets for Tuesday October 2nd. Hers was round trip, mine was one way.

When we got to NYC, the rooms that were for “rent” were advertised as something completely different than what they actually were. I thought “so here I am finally in NYC, and now I have nowhere to live.” Because my plan was to move into a room by Thursday or Friday of the same week of my arrival, my mother only got a hotel room for a few days.

I started to think, “OMG what am I going to do. I made all these plans and now everything was changing, again. Just like what happened with my job situation.” 


Part 4



No comments :

Post a Comment