Monday, January 28, 2013

Priorities... What's More Important


Last week NYC had a week long winter blast of cold winds and freezing temperatures. (So I opted to stay inside of my warm apartment for the majority of the week). Last Thursday I was watching the news and they were covering all weather related topics. One major story they reported was about all the stray dogs on the streets and how to people could and should be helping them during the winter blast...





I immediately thought, "Umm helping the dogs find a warm place is all fine and dandy, but what about all the homeless people?" I mean I get it. We are all God's creatures and all that but I would rather save/help a human rather than help a dog.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying we shouldn't care about the needs of animals. But I think we need to worry MORE about a human life, especially when the weather is bad.

I know the news media tries to appeal to all viewers, but I would have rather seen a story about what people are doing or can do to help the homeless stay warm. Just saying...








No comments :

Post a Comment