Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012 Reflections



This year started off different from the previous five. In Jan of 2012 I had my goals written out and was determined to achieve them all. I spent the beginning half of this year preparing for my cross country move. Saving money, selling things in my apartment, and Closing A Chapter of my life that should have been closed years prior.






All along the way I learned different things about myself. I tapped into my creativity and started making and selling earrings. I found my confidence as a writing and got my articles published (view them here). I also started a Facebook writer's page so I can display my work and other reading material I find interesting.

I experienced my first hurricane, started life in a new state, and continued Adjusting To My New Surroundings.

By far the one of best things I did this year only happened two weeks ago. I got to be a part of the Negrita Documentary. Even though it will be a while before it's complete, I was so thankful for the opportunity. Because to me it was a symbolic start of where I see myself going in the next couple of years. So stay tuned. 


Most importantly this year I grew a lot. I learned the importance of waiting on God's timing and got to see the outcome of what waiting on Him can do for my life.

I also realized my determination to be successful in life. Not meaning financially, but emotionally. Daily gratification is now very important to me. Meaning, I realized YES it is important to plan ahead. But living in the moment DAILY is a must. I have also related this to my job, because the last thing I ever want to do (again) is go to work every morning and hate it. I want to be excited about my daily work, and I finally feel I am on the path to accomplish that.

In 2013 I plan to expand professionally. Living in NYC these past 3 months has provided with me with some wonderful opportunities and I believe more will come my way next year. I am grateful for where I am today and am excited about my future.



Chat with yall next year...




No comments :

Post a Comment