Friday, October 5, 2012

You Should Be Listening To: Nasir Jones


Not really much to say about this guy. His music has been pretty consistent 
from 1994 when he released "Illmatic."
Yea there have been a few songs that missed the mark,
but as a Hip Hop fan, I feel Nas has always
bounced back.




With his lasted single "Bye Baby." Nas shares details of his marriage and 
divorce from singer Kelis. 
My favorite part of the song is when he says:

"And all I seen was selfish cowards, under they breath saying 
"why did Nas trust her?"
but look at yourself, speak louder bro You live with your babymoms 
and scared to make an honest woman out of her and make 
her your bride, fake bi*ch you ain’t even alive. At least 
I can say I tried plus enjoyed the ride."

Basically get your crap together before talking about his situation.
 
I love it! 














"You a slave to a page in my rhyme book." - Nas







No comments :

Post a Comment