Friday, July 13, 2012

Closing A Chapter



For the last six years of my life I have worked at a job that I was less than trilled about. It was my first job out of college so of course I took it, having had no idea the ups and downs I would face. I was on a roller coaster of emotions with it, at times putting plenty of energy into looking for a new job. To then feeling trapped and destined to stay at the job for the rest of my life.

There were so many times I would cry to my mother, begging her to let me just come home and live with her and my dad until I found a job I enjoyed. My mother never once told me I could not come back home. But always recommended that I stay at my job and get through it because it would build my character. Hearing this at that time didn't make me feel better at all. But I decided to stay at the job because I had bills to pay. 



June of this year marked the closing of several chapters in my life. I ended my six year run at that job and moved out of my apartment, which I also lived in for six years. I look back on the time I spent at my job and thank the Lord I made it. It was the hardest and most stressful thing I've went through, thus far. And I'm glad I can look back and say I didn't give up on it. 

I also have to agree with my mother, staying at that job did in fact build my character. I learned a lot about myself and my work ethic. I now know for a fact that I can make it through difficult and stressful situations with a sound mind and the peace of knowing I will come out of it on top. 


In the end I am glad that chapter of my life is over and I'm happy to be moving on to new and better things.



"The closing of this chapter leads to the opening of the next one." ~ Unknown




No comments :

Post a Comment