Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Reflections



I entered 2011 thinking this year would be just like the previous four. From 2006- 2010 I did not have a clue as to what I should be doing with my life, but definitely knew I was in need of some serious changes. During this time I was determined not to let complacency consume me. So I enrolled and completed the "Strategic Communications Graduate Program" at National University. By the time I graduated in 2009 I felt lost. I now had a BA and MA in Communications, but I had not idea what I should be doing in that area. I went through each day literally feeling like I was wasting time and wasting my life. I was just wondering around going through the motions of everyday life, all while praying that God would speak to me about what I should be doing with my life- I needed to know my passion.




In May of this year I started this Blog and soon after my passion slowly started being reveled to me. Then on August 15 it literally hit me, I want to be a writer (I remember the actual date because I updated my Facebook status).  Then some time around October I started taking writing classes to get more formal training and to see if I would actually like it. Turns out I loved it and have been enrolled in classes ever since. I plan on taking one additional class in January in which I will learn the ins and outs of becoming a freelance writer. That way I can learn how to earn a living by doing what I enjoy.

In addition to finally knowing and understand my passion, I have also decided to make a big change in my life. Having lived in California my entire life, this summer my goal is to move to New York (Brooklyn). Since 2009 I have had this desire to move to NYC and as the years past the desire has only grown stronger. This will be the first time in my life that I will be taking a big step and making a drastic change that is not based on schooling or someone else's decision for me. I am very excited about this move, yet very nervous. Being away from my family will be hard for me but stepping out of my comfort zone is something I definitely need to do.

It feels good to finally know my purpose and what I want to do with my life. I can say 2011 is NOT ending like the previous 4 years did. I am ending this year with a clear and conscious mindset as to where I am going and what I want to do with my life. AMEN!

"The sky is not the limit, it's just the view." - Swizz Beats


 



1 comment :

  1. Joe and I are very happy and proud of you. Keep it up sis. Your posts on FB and your blogspot are very inspiring and refreshing. Keep up the great work and I'll see you in NY for Labor Day (Juvy)!! --kayceee

    ReplyDelete