Sunday, September 11, 2011

I Remember


I remember hearing the phone ring (my dad called to tell my mom what happened).

I remember my mom coming in my room and saying, “Turn on the TV, I want you to see what's going on.”

I remember looking at the TV and not having a clue as to what I was looking at.

I remember turning the TV off and trying to go back to sleep.

I remember not being able to sleep and turning the TV back on.

I remember seeing the second plane hit the World Trade Center, live.




I remember walking down the hall to my mom's room to ask, "Is this real?"

I remember hearing the news anchor say, “We are getting reports of a fire at the Pentagon.”

I remember hearing my mom say, “It was probably that ‘Aladdin Man,’ the one who tried to blow up the Towers in '93.”

I remember going to school and all my classes were canceled.

I remember driving on the freeway during rush hour and experiencing no traffic.

I remember seeing the headline “Los Estados Unidos, Bajo Ataque” (Untied States, Under Attack) on the Spanish channel.

I remember hearing that a plane crashed in Pennsylvania.

I remember feeling a sense of nervousness for my brother who was in the Army at the time.

I remember my parents and I being glued to the TV, watching the on going news coverage.

I remember thinking the Mayor of New York was doing a good job of keeping the public aware and updated.

I remember asking, "Are we safe?"

I remember thinking, “What are they gona do next?”


"On September 11, 2001, America felt its vulnerability even to threats that gather on the other side of the Earth. We resolved then, and we are resolved today, to confront every threat from any source that could bring sudden terror and suffering to America." - George W. Bush




No comments :

Post a Comment